When you make the decision to have back up power for your home, you want a system that is guaranteed to start EVERY time the power goes out. The Shock Doctors are proud to offer the Generac® line of generators — the generator seven out of ten families have already installed.
Our electricians are Generac® factory-trained and certified to provide our clients with experienced, meticulous installations and preventative maintenance for their backup power throughout Simcoe County and Muskoka .
Unpredictable weather causes us to lose power to our homes with increasing frequency, and while we do not mind the occasional short power interruption, there are times — and situations — where uninterrupted power is essential.
Electrical equipment in your home which you may consider essential:
- Electric heating system – furnace or baseboard (in winter)
- Furnace fan (in winter)
- Hot water tank (if not gas)
- Sump pump / water pump (year round)
- Security system (year round)
- Fridge (for perishables and sensitive medications)
- Freezer (usually stocks more expensive food items)
- Air conditioning (when health demands)
- Home office (year round)
- Pool and spa equipment (both winter and summer – spa equipment can be damaged by freezing water lines)
When choosing back-up power for your home, the two most important considerations are reliability and sizing.
Today, Generac generators are preferred by 7 out of every 10 home owners who invest in home backup power. The Shock Doctors offer Generac exclusively, for four primary reasons:
- Clean power: Household power in a modern home must be stable and clean because of the equipment that relies on electronic components. Generac auto start generators have TruePower™ technology. This means less than 5% harmonic distortion and that means clean, smooth operation of your sensitive electronics.
- Purpose designed engine: Generac’s OHVI® engine is specifically designed for generator use, providing the reliability to power through the most severe outages. Generac created the home backup generator category, and these generators remain at the top of their class.
- Exceptional technician training: With intensive, onsite factory training for our technicians and exceptional technical support we are confident that Generac is the best choice for home back up power.
- Good Housekeeping Approved: Generac generators are the only generator to achieve the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
You can expect to get many years of reliable backup power from a properly maintained Generac generator.
Proper sizing is critical when purchasing a generator to meet your needs. Generac generators have sizes that range from 7 KW to 60 KW .
The Shock Doctors trained technicians will work with you to prepare a complete inventory of a home’s electrical requirements and offer knowledgeable advice and options to ensure that the generator is neither too small or too large for your needs.
The size of your generator will be different depending on the level of back-up power you require:
- Essential circuit coverage —the generator runs a predetermined number of circuits that the home owner identifies as essential. The choices are limited by the size of the generator.
- Managed load power — You can get more coverage with less generator with the addition of a Generac Nexus load-shedding switch. Non-essential circuits are shed when the generator approaches maximum capacity. They are cycled back on when essential circuits no longer require power, so all circuits receive power at different times.
- Complete whole home power — Easily cover every circuit in your home. No circuit is ever left uncovered, so every appliance is available every minute.
Reliable Generac Service Technicians
To ensure that our clients in Barrie, Orillia and Muskoka have reliable service for their Generac generators after the initial installation, our electricians are factory-trained and certified Generac® service technicians for both air-cooled and liquid cooled auto start generators.
Read more about Auto-start Backup Generators - click here
Read more about Portable Generators and Generlink hook-ups - click here