Our tech, Chadwick Hamilton was called out to the Bakers’ (good friends of the Shock Doctors) to find out why the baseboard heat in the basement didn’t work.
Their home is a very nice place, well constructed by a well-known modular home company with a good reputation for quality. One of the heaters had just plain worn out. The other heater had only half power coming to it. Strange. Chadwick investigated further and found that the original thermostat control wire had been pinched when it was installed years ago, and over time the damaged portion combined with the load of the heater burned the wire out.
This is one of those things that happens over the course of time with a wiring system. Fortunately, the Bakers have a breaker panel system with all the breakers sized correctly and before this situation changed from an annoyance to a fire, the breaker tripped and protected them.
All’s repaired and the heat’s back on.