Share Us On:


20
May

What’s Cooking for Mother’s Day?

No good deed goes unpunished.  On Mother’s Day this Sunday past, we had an early evening call out to a home that had just been visited by the Orillia Fire Department.   A young gentlemen was treating his mother to a home cooked meal to celebrate Mother’s Day and he noticed the beef smelled really gross.  Kind of smokey really.  Like burning linoleum.  And then he noticed the smoke from the fuse panel.

A quick 911 call and the fire department and the Orillia Power Corporation had everything checked out and under control.  Enter the Shock Doctor.  The old Amalgamated fuse panel had loose holders where the fuses obtain the electricity from the panel and send it out to the stove.  They overheated, melted the fuses and the bakelite housing.  As soon as the fuses melted, the circuit opened and the panel cooled down.  We made arrangements to change the panel later in the week to a modern breaker system.   

Anyway, all’s well that end’s well and the dinner was finished off on the BBQ.  Mom moved on to the wine. :)

terry@theshockdoctors.ca once again stealing cheri@theshockdoctors.ca log-in

0
Comments




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *





Licenses & Insurance

Click for the BBB Business Review of this Electricians in Orillia ON

We Accept

We Make Wiring Rewarding